Saturday, October 17, 2009

Birthday Party Fun!!!!

This was for my daughter's 10Th birthday party today and since it being so close to Halloween I decided to make these cute coffin boxes from the Martha Stewart website. I filled them with as much candy as I could for the kids and what didn't fit I put the rest in a mummy face bag I bought a the local dollar store.The stickers on the front are the from Micheal's Craft store.
Challenges entered I know these aren't a card but they are so perfect for halloween :)
Cute Card Thursdays - Spook Fest -coffins are spooky/cute too
Pile it On - Ready for Halloween
One Stop Craft -Halloween
Creative Friday - Halloween
Stampartic -Halloween
Stampin' B's - Halloween

And the best part of the party was the cake..........

Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I found this in a recipe book I bought on cupcakes decorating and made a bit of a change to it by making it more or less a 9 inch cake. The kids couldn't believe it they really thought I put spaghetti on it.LOL. Oh and the great part is the meatballs are chocolate covered in strawberry jam.The cake was a hit and the party was priceless.

Thanks for peeking.
Anne :)

Last Year I made this so quick and easy too

I cut the designer paper into strips using a brad to fasten the top and bottom together. With the tiny scraps of paper I curledthe paper to make a vine effect at the top. With 3 different colours of green I used the LEAF sizzix die cut for a quick and easy way to make leaves.

Enjoy Anne

8 comments:

  1. What a special party you gave your daughter! I bet the kids loved it. The cake fooled me until I read the caption. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to sweet this is your coffins are to die for :P ... couldn't resist lol
    I'm sure the kids had a blast eating that cake
    and those meatballs look real
    You did a beautiful job on the cake
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those are wonderful. You did such a great job. I don't know which one is my favorite. Thanks for playing with PIO.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool ... the cake is great!

    thanks for joining us on creative friday!

    xoxo janina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your works are sooo fantastic! simply wunderfull!
    Hugs from Austria
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific project! My kids would love this! Were they difficult to make? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Love them!

    Thanks so much for playing!
    Dee - Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, many thanks for joining in with our halloween challenge.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete